High Performance Double Glazed Windows & Doors - Melbourne
Always leaders, always different Miglas raises the industry bar again..
BUSHFIRE WINDOW DEVELOPMENT UPDATE - "FLAME ZONE"
After a long hiatus between our previous update in November last year and with vast product evolution between, we are pleased to announce that our most recent testing regime have shown a vast improvement upon our past results.
On the 5th of September, 2012, an Indicative BAL-FZ (Flamezone) test was carried out on the newest Miglas Casement Window design in accordance with AS 1530 8.2 at the Exova Warringtonfire testing laboratory in Dandenong which comfortably passed both the 30 minute flame cycle test as well as 60 minute cooling cycle. In comparison with previous samples tested, the newest design showed much less degradation, and only minor smoke discolouration was present on the inside of the window. As well as this, our innovative glazing system performed exceptionally throughout both testing cycles, validating this design concept. Post-test inspection had shown the rendered Hebel wall had suffered more degradation than the window sample itself, which puts into perspective the temperature levels reached during the flame cycle of testing.
The test has confirmed the latest round of developments have significantly slowed thermal transfer through the profiles and have prevented damage to the interior of the window.
We will now progress to finalise the window system in preparation for a full AS 1530 8.1 test at the end of the year.
Call us today on [03 9728 7555] or click here for further information.
Miglas - Innovation beyond Double GlazingMiglas provide the highest quality Australian-made and designed double glazed windows and doors. Miglas combines the advantages of both timber windows and aluminium windows to create a low maintenance, energy efficient and thermally stable window and door system. This unique double glazed window and door system provides comfort and protection in the harsh Australian climate all year round whilst allowing you full architectural freedom with a wide range of styles, sizes and colours.
- DURABLE EXTERIOR
- Weather resistant aluminium exterior
- Over 120 powder coat colours
- Low maintenance
- free yourself from painting
- Full façade capability
INSULATING DOUBLE GLAZING
- Optimal thermal performance
- Reduced sound penetration
- All options to match your needs
SUPERIOR GASKETS & SEALS
- Double Sash Gaskets
- Minimal air leakage and thermal loss
- Latest Thermoplastic elastomer technology
- Bushfire Rated & compliant
– Up to Bushfire Attack Level 40
- N6 Wind load Ratings
- SUSTAINABLE TIMBER
- Hardwoods low conductive properties assist in natural insulation
- Superior Australian Hardwood strength
- Suitable for all internal finishes to match interior décor
PREMIUM HARDWARE RANGE
- Truth® Hardware for window range
- Fully concealed multi-point sash locking system
- Fully concealed sash operator
- Large Sash size capabilities
- Wider opening; without a chain
- Foldable designer operation handle
- Automation options available
- Stainless options available
- All screening material options available
- Easy to remove & clean
57-59 Canterbury Road
Montrose, Melbourne, VIC 3765
(Mel. Ref. 51 K8)
Ph. 03 9728 7555
Mondays to Fridays
8.30am – 5pm
9.00am – 12.00pm
& by appointment
Residential Excellence - Miglas Windows & Doors contributes to award winning design
Miglas is happy to congratulate Alexandra/ Victoria based Hedger Constructions for winning the prestigious Master Builder Award 2008 (North-East). As winner of the Best Custom Home over $500,000 Hedge...
what you need for your project.
- Energy Efficiency
- Low Maintenance
- Superior Comfort
- Certified Quality
- Customised Design
- Noise Reduction
- Advanced Security
- Sustainable Resources
- Coastal & Bushfire Solutions
- Long Life Expectancy
- Commercial & Residential